The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), the regulatory board for nurses and midwives in the United Kingdom (UK) has established the administration of a two part test of competence for nurses and midwives seeking registration in the UK. These tests of competence have been made mandatory since October 2014 for nurses and midwives trained outside the European Economic Area, seeking UK registration. The primary test is known as CBT (Computer Based Test (CBT)), can be undertaken at various Pearson VUE test centers and professional centers and the second part of the test OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) can only be attempted after successfully passing the CBT and the test is only available in the UK at a designated test centers.
The above mentioned tests of competence will measure candidates against the current UK pre-registration standards and ability to competently apply ones professional nursing or midwifery skills and knowledge in the UK.
The test consists of 120 multiple choice questions, of maximum 4 hours duration, with no negative scoring. Examination results will be emailed to candidates within 48 hours after taking the examination.
- > 50 questions relate to generic nursing competencies found in each domain of nursing.
- > 50 questions will be the application of generic nursing competencies to the specific field of nursing being applied for, for example, as applied to the adult, child, person with a learning disability or person with a mental health problem.
- > 20 questions focus solely on the specific competencies required for the field of nursing being applied for. There are 20 critical questions if answered wrong may result in a fail in the exam.
Once the exam is completed the result is then submitted and calculated. Test center staff does not have access to the examination results. The decision as to whether a candidate passes or fails the CBT is governed by both critical questions and an overall pass mark. A candidate must answer 90 percent of critical questions correctly. The overall score must meet the pass score which is set at 60 percent. Examination results will be emailed to candidates within 48 hours after taking the examination. You can also obtain your results within 48 business hours by logging in to your Pearson VUE account which you will have created when booking your exam.
- > Target oriented aggressive training.
- > Expert advises from candidates who have secured a good grade in CBT and OSCE
- > Online modules
- > Highly trained faculties
- > E-library rich in learning resources
Online: 5 days
|1st Batch||2nd Batch|
|February||04/02/2019 - 08/02/2019||18/02/2019 - 22/02/2019|
|March||11/03/2019 -15/03/2019||25/03/2019 - 29/03/2019|
|April||08/04/2019 - 12/04/2019||22/04/2019 -26/04/2019|
|May||06/05/2019 - 10/05/2019||20/05/2019 - 24/05/2019|
|June||03/06/2019 - 07/06/2019||24/06/2019 - 28/09/2019|