Graduate Certificate in Nursing (GCN)
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Non-Specialisation), is a general qualification that aims to provide qualified nurses with educational opportunities specific to the advancing role of the registered nurse, thereby facilitating their professional growth and development, this course will also help you improve your analytical skills and ability to assess patients.
This Graduate Certificate in Nursing provides students with an entry path to the Graduate Diploma in Nursing then subsequently into a Master’s degree in Nursing in Australia.
To be eligible for admission to the GCN/GDN course who wish to take the course online, the applicant must:
- be an International graduate nurse who has completed three year of Nursing/ Bachelor of Nursing / Diploma of Nursing and be a Registered Nurse with the Nursing Board from their country of origin or practice
- have one year of experience as a Registered Nurse
- have enough computer access and computer skills in working with and knowledge of Microsoft Office courses, and
- be able to provide evidence of an IELTS level of at least 6.5 with no band less than 6, or equivalent scores in OET/PTE or
- pass a short academic essay in the English Language (500 – 700 words) on a topic provided by IHM with a minimum grade of 65 % from a pool of approved essay topics and attend an interview with IHM academic staff.
Applications will be accessed on a case by case basis by the course coordinator in accordance with the Student Selection and Admission Policy and Procedures for Course delivered to Overseas Students.
Benefits to Nurses
- This program offers a pathway for Registered Nurses with Diploma of Nursing qualification to gain a Postgraduate qualification
- Now offered completely online; continue working while you study
- Global recognition; accredited to TEQSA and accepted in most of the countries worldwide especially in the UK, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand etc.
- On successful completion of GDN, nurses can undertake a Master of Nursing with up to one-year credit
- GDN degree holders can choose to become nurse educators, coordinators, managers and achieve other senior positions
Online students may attend lectures and tutorials anywhere, any time to fit in around their working schedule and rosters:
- Miss a lecture – catch-up 24/7 online with resources and support available also 24/7
- Lectures, tutorials and resources all available on PC, mobile and tablet
- Students may visit any Health Careers Training Centre ( Kochi or Kottayam) and access support, join a lecture online or participate in a one-on-one support session