Home Health Aide (HHA)
This course is designed to train students in providing routine individualized healthcare to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities at the patient’s home. The focus of Home Health Aide (HHA) is to provide assistance to a patient with personal care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting patients while maintaining normal elimination process and also to monitor or report changes in health status.
HHA should demonstrate basic patient care skills, communication skills, and ethical behavior at all times. During the training, the candidate will get an opportunity to practice all the procedures in skill lab and healthcare settings.
- Course Delivery
Face to face classes include theory and practical sessions.
- Internal assessment
- External assessment by HSSC approved assessment agency
- Course Award
On the successful completion of the course, the student will be awarded Home health aide Certificate by Healthcare Sector Skill Council. Students, who complete the course through Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), will get an additional certificate from ASAP.
Face to Face
- Eligibility criteria for admission
- Minimum educational qualifications: Preferably Class X, but class VIII is also considered in certain situations
- Maximum educational qualifications: Not Applicable
- Minimum Job Entry Age: 18 Years
- Maximum Job Entry Age: 35 Years
- Experience: Not Applicable
- Course Duration
- Theory : 120 Hours
- Practical : 120 Hours
- Internship : 120 Hours
- Total : 360 Hours
- Intended Learning Outcomes
- After completion of the course the candidate will be able to work as Home Health Aide
- Course Fees
- INR 10000.00