Bachelor of Science (Nursing Studies)
The Bachelor of Science (Nursing Studies) (BScNS) is a one year program designed specifically for Registered Nurses who completed a three-year Diploma of Nursing program and seek to upgrade to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The program is delivered Online by Edith Cowan University (ECU), in Australia, as a distant education program. Students will need to have access to a computer and good internet service to undertake this program.
Our Face-to-Face and Flexible Online Study options will fully support your studies while you are working fulltime.
- All applicants are required to be Registered Nurses in their country of origin.
- A minimum of one-years’ work experience as a Registered Nurse.
English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS, an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual band less than 6.0
- TOEFL internet based, minimum score of 70 with no individual score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English (PTE), academic 52, with no score less than 50
- OET C overall
- 1 year
Course Delivery Mode
- Online delivery by ECU Perth, Support sessions by HCI ( Kochi, Melbourne, Sydney )
- AQF Level 7
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|NCS2101 *||Adult Health|
|NCS1202||Evidence Based Practice in Health Care|
|NCS2102||Mental Health and Illness|
|NCS3203||Law and Ethics in Health|
|NCS3103||Clinical Sciences 3|
|NCS2201||Older Adult Health|
|NCS3102||Primary Health Care|
|NCS3101 *||Child and Adolescent Health|
- Graduates of this course are eligible to apply to AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency), on meeting all of the requirements of registration which includes English (IELTS 7.0, or OET B), and following successful completion of the board approved Bridging Program.
- Articulation pathways are also available for further studies toward a Post Graduate nursing qualification.
- Job opportunities also exist in a number of countries that require registered nurses with degree level qualifications.
*This Course doesn’t lead to registration with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia.