Graduate Certificate in Nursing (GCN)
This specialist nursing program is your first step towards a Masters in nursing and is available Online and at Health Careers Learning Hubs, a learning centre for nurses that includes Connected class rooms, simulation labs and an interactive learning hub. This course will provide an opportunity for students to acquire advanced skills, knowledge and insights beyond their undergraduate and graduate certificate studies. The course will benefit those working in various healthcare settings to become competent nurses to take on leadership roles, gain critical thinking, and research skills and advance their career in their chosen nursing field.
Qualification / Pre-requisites
Not specified / applicable
- Possible Job Outcomes
- Leadership positions such as:
- Associate Nurse Unit Manager;
- Nurse Unit Manager or;
- Remain a Registered Nurse but receive increased pay while developing a portfolio of leadership and mentoring experience
- Course Unit Details
- Units of Study
- GCNNK1 : Nursing Knowledge 1
- GCNNK2 : Nursing Knowledge 2
- GCNCP3 : Clinical Project
- GCNRN4 : Research in Nursing
Exit with Graduate Certificate in Nursing.
- Provide qualified nurses with educational opportunities specific to the advancing role of the registered nurse, thereby facilitating their professional growth and development;
- Build upon undergraduate education and previous experience by providing expansion of knowledge, an increased perception in complex relationships affecting nursing;
- Increase analytical ability and skills when assessing the health needs of patients;
- Develop further knowledge and skills in research and evidence-based practice in nursing;
- Develop further skills to investigate, challenge and improve current practice in nursing and;
- Enhance students acceptance of responsibility and initiative for defining and attaining the
knowledge required for expertise in the practice setting.
- How I know the course enrolment details?
- Call us to enquire about the next enrolment date.
- What learning materials are included with this course?
- An interactive eLearning platform
- Interactive multimedia learning activities
- Discussion forums and chat rooms
- Video and multimedia content
- Links to key online resources
- Access to thousands of peer reviewed journal articles
- Access to books and eBooks through the
The learning materials you will be given include:
- What are the admission criteria for this course?
- The course coordinator is responsible for selection of candidates for admission in accordance with the Student Selection and Admission Policy and Procedures for Courses Delivered.
- To study online the student must have access to a computer with internet and all students must have basic computer skills.
- The following admission criteria are recommended, but there is some flexibility with regard to admission:
- To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants will:
- Be graduate nurses who have completed the Bachelor of Nursing or Diploma in Nursing with minimum 2 years work experience and registered with nursing board in overseas as Registered Nurse.
- Possess an IELTS level of at least 6.5 with all bands not less than 6.
- What will I get on successful completion of this course?
Students who successfully complete all of the required units of competency for this course will be issued a testamur with the record of results printed at the back. A statement of attainment will be issued if a student successfully completes one or more units of competency of this course, but does not meet the requirements for a qualification (as specified in the Training Package). The statement of attainment will list all of the units of competency achieved.
- Course Commencement dates
Feb / Apr / Jul / OctFor the latest course commencement dates, go to https://www.ihm.edu.au/courses/details/8
- What are the other courses that I may be interested in?
Graduate Diploma of Nursing
- Further Information
The students can enrol any time of the year for the part time program. The commencement of the full time courses is subject to enrolment quotas.
- Our Educational Pathway
Learning Hub is focussed on developing your career in health care. If you wish to take your career a step forward, an accredited higher level qualification is the way to go. Based on your current qualification, please see below the pathways that are available to you.Learn advanced skills and stay up to date with current best practice in your sector!
- Our Educational Pathway
There are three ways which applicants can submit their initial application:
You can send your completed application and required documentation to
Head Office and Online Learning: Centre Level 1, 76 – 80 Turnham Avenue, Rosanna, Victoria 3084
Campus: Level 7, 33 Argyle Street, Parramatta, NSW, 2150